removing rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit daft this question,I need to remove a radiator for some work I am having done.Is it ok to remove the rad and then put stop ends on the inlet/outlet pipes of the pipework .The rad will not be replaced.The system is a combi type and the boiler is in my loft space of bungalow.cheers

Sponsored Links
You can, but you might want to make sure that you have water right up to the point of the cap when re-filling to avoid trapped air and the issues associated.

Sponsored Links
Guy's,

Any remaining air is going to work it's way out of this system anyhow through the automatic air vent in the combi - but I think its good practice personally, but obviously more so with open vented systems to help stop corrosion of the rads. Saves re-pressurising again the next day if you do it properly first time.

Oh and fella don't forget to put back the inhibitor if you decide to drain the system.

Blimey there's some egos round here!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back