RAD NOT GETTING HOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I RECENTLY REMOVED A RAD IN MY CONSERVATORY TO PLASTER BEHIND.AFTER ISOLATING IT I NOTICED THE RAD IN MY KITCHEN WASNT GETTING HOT & ASSUMED BECAUSE I HAD SHUT OFF BOTH ENDS OF THE RAD IN CONSEVATORY THE FEED TO THE KITCHEN ONE HAD BEEN CUT OFF.AFTER REPLACING THE CONSERVATORY ONE STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.THE INLET & OUTLET PIPES TO THE RAD ARENT EVEN GETTING HOT.I HAVE A SEALED SYSTEM WITH COMBI BOILER.AFTERA BIT OF BLEEDING THE SYSTEM SEEMS OK APART FROM THE KITCHEN RAD.AS I SAID THE PROBLEM STARTED AS SOON AS I SHUT OFF THE CONSERVATORY RAD AT TRV & LOCKSHIELD VALVES.CAN ANYONE ADVISE

Sponsored Links
remove the top of the trv and check the pin is not stuck shut.
if you place a coin or something on the pin and push it down it should pop back up when coin removed.
if you can't push it down its stuck shut.

Sponsored Links
PROVIDING TRV IS OK TURN ON JUST HEATING AND TURN OFF ALL OTHER RADS AND JUST HAVE THE ONE ON THATS PLAYING UP ON THIS WILL SHIFT ANY AIR IN THE PIPES THAT POSSIBLY STOPPING IT WORKIN

PROVIDING TRV IS OK TURN ON JUST HEATING AND TURN OFF ALL OTHER RADS AND JUST HAVE THE ONE ON THATS PLAYING UP ON THIS WILL SHIFT ANY AIR IN THE PIPES THAT POSSIBLY STOPPING IT WORKIN
THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO :LOL:

tried,boiler just fires up and shuts down again,

It`s probably a balancing problem. The radiators nearest your boiler will heat up first, if the valves are fully open. ( not TRV`S other end) they will starve the rest of heat. Try turning down valves closest to boiler and fully opening the ones furthest away.

we will see (thoughts have moved on from just air) . must be a serious heat distribution problem if it cant even heat only one rad

remove the top of the trv and check the pin is not stuck shut.
if you place a coin or something on the pin and push it down it should pop back up when coin removed.
if you can't push it down its stuck shut.

not trv stuck i think,pipes both ends stone cold

cause pipes both ends willbe cold if water can't get past trv then the other pipe won't get hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back