Rads never reach optimum temperture HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people im newbi

The problem I have IS.... all 8 rads in the house take much longer to warm up and doesnt get really hot since the plumber balanced the system.

The conservatory rad also happens to be last rad away from the boiler is stone cold; all the other rads warm up nice and hot. Turned off all the other rads in the house and left the conservatory rad on and sure enough it did heat up quite hot, plumber then balanced the rad/system but had to sacrifice and turn off the kitchen rad in order for the 7 remaining rads to warm up but takes quite along time and doesn’t really reach hot temperatures. The plumber seems to think the boiler hasn’t the power the supply the final rad in the conservatory hence why he had to stop the kitchen rad in order for the conservatory rad to work but subsequently reduced the time and maximum temperature of the other rads in the house. The boiler that I have is a baxi solo2 sr.

Is there any truth to what the plumber is saying? If so any ideas to what type of boiler I should go for i.e. in terms of power output and a good manufacture that can handle between 8-10 rads?. Or is there any other solution?

The boiler is in the loft and has a storage water cylinder 1st floor cupboard
Any information would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Naz

Sponsored Links
nike23naz said:
Hi people im newbi
Welcome nike.

nike23naz said:
The problem I have IS.... all 8 rads in the house take much longer to warm up and doesnt get really hot since the plumber balanced the system.
What was the problem that the plumber was asked to solve? And did he solve it? If so, what work did he do?

nike23naz said:
The conservatory rad also happens to be last rad away from the boiler is stone cold; all the other rads warm up nice and hot. Turned off all the other rads in the house and left the conservatory rad on and sure enough it did heat up quite hot, plumber then balanced the rad/system but had to sacrifice and turn off the kitchen rad in order for the 7 remaining rads to warm up but takes quite along time and doesn’t really reach hot temperatures.
Well it could easily be a balancing problem, but at this juncture we need to know what kind of pump you have, how old it is, how old the boiler is, whether your system has been protected with a chemical inhibitor, and whether or not the conservatory rad ever worked properly.

nike23naz said:
The plumber seems to think the boiler hasn’t the power
Why does he think this? Has he calculated the heat output required, and determined that it's higher than the boiler's output?

If your boiler (a Solo 2 RS by the way) is a 30,000 btu appliance, and you have 8 rads plus a cylinder, then it might well struggle, whereas a the 50,000 btu edition might cope. If your plumber can't analyse your system and determine the correct size for the boiler, then you've engaged the wrong tradesman - you need a heating engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back