removing render and reapplying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys.
i am going to remove the render at the bottom of the wall as we think water may be staying next to it and causing a problem.
we plan to remove it and replace it with a 'slide effect' to push the water away from the wall, is that possible to do with render?
also around the outside bottom of our garage (also rendered) there is this material that we think is also there to push the water away from the wall and into the ground what could this be? can you still get hold of it?
those bags of already mixed render with lime, can they be used?
are there any other ways of a 'slide effect' to push the rain water away from the walls?
thanks in advance
shezzar

Sponsored Links
so would i render to that thickness and the smooth it out into a round shape to flick the water away?
do you know how i would take the render off that is already there?

id use a small kango hire shop joby
is the walter pooling on the floor along side the render??
if soo why not use a gully/French drain?
if you mean the rain is just running down the wall then id use bellcast bead at DPC level

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for the advice, i think what i will do is use those beads as suggested.
the water doesnt pool down at the bottom but it does come down the wall.
i have two pictures, in one of them you can see the black thing at the bottom which i think redirects the water can anyone advise on it please.

View media item 55081
View media item 55082
if that hasnt worked here is the album link
//www.diynot.com/network/shezzar/albums/14851

Its just a rendered base painted black.
The beads do the same job, cut the render off at dpc height or min 150mm from the ground fit the beads, cast above and render below.

Do I fit the beads so the base of them is touching the ground?
What do you mean by the cast? can't I just render it all?

Thanks for your help

The idea of the beads is to shed the water from the building and should normally be fitted along the line of the dpc.

Sorry thought that was pebbledash you had.

To be honest you will never be able to "flick" away water from house wall at bottom even if you use a bellcast, the water will still drip on floor and if your floor runs towards your house then the water will always sit against brickwork, the best suggestion so far would be to fit/form a gully in floor to take the water away from house !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back