Renault Cleo Alize 2002 drives well but engine stalls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter's Cleo has recently developed annoying fault:

Brief history to some work which was carried out, the car was in the Renault Garage for a different sort of problem few month ago, had a diagnostic test and the ignition coils were changed, all was well.

New fault:

While reversing out from the drive, the engine stalls 8 out of ten, recently, the engine is stalling more frequently, at traffic lights and while changing gear from reverse to 1st in particular.

Any advice would be well appreciated. Thanks
[/b]

Sponsored Links
dirty throttle body or idle stabilising valve (if it has one)

dirty throttle body or idle stabilising valve (if it has one)

neo, Thanks for your quick reply.

One more thing to ask, would it be safe for the engine & injectors if I spray he throttle body, in & out the carb with a spray can cleaner\product of the shelf from Halford.

yep, can clean throttle body and isv safely with carb cleaner.
Instructions are on the tin, but can also give things a good clean with the engine turned off (ie drown it in carb cleaner) and leave it a while to evaporate before you start the engine.

Sponsored Links
neo, thanks once again, I'll buy a tin of cleaner and do that today, sure that would do the trottle a lot of good.

will keep you posted.

Hi neo

this is an update:
following the cleaning of the throttle body and checking for any air leaks etc, the car did feel better and stalling is less, but the prob remain especially when changing of gear from reverse while the car is cold, also, the engine is increasingly hesitates to start after stalling.

Thanks for your advice.

Back