renault megane has kangaroo in engine!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a renault megane RT alize 1999. sailed through its MOT then all of a sudden started kangarooing down the road really bad. (very embarrassing especially if you have passengers) then a warning light came on and it seems to stop!!!!!!!!!
when looking in handbook the warning light says its the ELECTRONIC INDIDENT WARNING LIGHT.............then goes on to say it means a fault with the injection system,the automatic gearbox etc(the car is manual)
I dont want to go to a garage as I seem to have PLEASE RIP ME OFF printed on my forehead so am asking for some kind of advice. Bear in mind that the warning light doesn`t come on very often and kangaroos untill it does........... :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
I hate to say it Sally, but you will need to visit a main dealer or at least a technician who can plug in a reader and read you're cars fault codes, this should tell you exactly where the prob lies, you can then sort out a mech/tech to remedy the fault.
Good luck.

thanks guys you have made my day :LOL: no seriously at least I know there maybe a serious fault and they are not going to rip me off on diognostics the machine won`t lie at least xx

Sponsored Links
Yep, can bet your life it's 1 or more of the coil packs. Around £20 from GSF or anything upto £50 from renault. Simple job to fit

Back