Renault Megane immobiliser/central locking reciever

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, i have a Renault megane scenic on a 98 S plate, the problem i have is the LED on the 'plip' has become unattached from the circuit board within the key, therefore making the plip useless at disarming the immobiliser, and rendering the car unusable, cant get away with re-soldering the the led transmitter back on so i was wondering if anyone could tell me if its the central locking receiver that is coded for the engine immobiliser or if its the ECU, wondered if i could get a used central locking receiver from a breakers and plip and put them in and solve all my problems, or else i am left with the option of £150 + for new plip and coding from renault. Failing that is there anyway of bypassing the immobiliser???????
Many thanks in advance.
Richard

Sponsored Links
check ebay you can get a key with a transponder for the immobilizer but without the button for the central locking so you would need to ounlock the doors the old fashioned way(life's hard0 this key would still need programmed but it only costs £30 or so

Hi, I have tried ebay unfortunatly there are only second hand ones listed tht are the right part number and i have been informed that these cannot be coded to a different car if they are already coded to one, i've had to take the plunge and buy a new plip from renault total cost £120 inc coding, its gonna take a week to arrive from france so if anyone has a way of getting the car running before then i'mm all ears.

many thanks Richard

Sponsored Links
Back