Render around window! Help!!??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've installed a new window which has gone really well. Now I need to render around it. I've got a bag of cement and some "plasterers quality" sand from Wickes.

I'm dreading this, especially in the space under the top of the window. How on earth will I get it to stick?

Any tips and what ratio mix should I use?

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 245
Sponsored Links
The head will be a swine! Even if you wire mesh it first.
The bricks are actually quite nice, You could strip back a bit more render tidy it up and make a feature of it but I expect you will want all the windows to look the same so this is probably no good.

You could tidy up the render around the top or the window and paint the bricks there. The sides should be fairly easy to render.

You may want to use rapid cement. On a warm day it will be going hard in about 15-30 mins so just work on 1 edge at a time if you use that.

Thanks for the feedback. Funny I decided to break it down into bits. I did consider revealing the old bricks to make a feature. It was a school once.

I've done the bottom and plan to do the sides in an hour or so. Photo attached.

It would be nice to be able to reverse gravity for say six hours to do the top. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• File_000 (1).jpeg
    File_000 (1).jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 197
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back