Render product?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I was getting various quotes in, one of the builders mentioned an "advanced" render in place of cement that was self coloured and didn't crack like cement render - only the piece of paper with it written on has gone astray.

Any idea's what he might have been referring to? Want to check thickness I need to set the blocks back.

Sponsored Links
Why not Google it, "Advanced Render Products" bet it'll be pricey too, but if does what your looking for, then it's worth it. ;)

Roughcaster.

yeah I tried that, unfortunately that amongst most phrases with the word "render" in come up with software for 3D graphics, and I already have software for that :p

Was hoping a few brand names might help.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't ring a bell, and looking at their website doesn't appear to be pre-coloured so would need painting.

Was it K-Rend?

I had a few quotes for that and it was quite a bit more than cement. In the end I went with a good renderer using cement/lime and 'Bristol Dredge' I think, sand with seashell bits, he's done a fantastic job covering up my DIY blockwork. :)

Yeah I think that was it! Cheers :D

I was told it would be a bit more expensive, but that it doesn't require maintenance (a serious plus side to me - can't stand heights and can't look up, so painting a 2 storey house is no fun :p ) I'll try and get some quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back