rendering Chimmey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to everyone

I hope the forum collective can advise me here??

Am presently renovating my house, i have a good skill level in most things construction, this will be my fourth renovation, plus i work in industry.

I am just asking for a few tips tho regarding my chimmey stack on present property, its a rendered stack that is in poor condition (the render) i have pretty much chopped back to brickwork, one side as just a few cracks and is solid. the advice i seek here is what would be reccomended to give me a really hard and durable render, may plan was
1. unibond brickwork with little dilution just prior to scratchcoating
2. scratchcoat with sharp sand render (possibly add a proportion of fine aggregate to the mix)
3. top coat this with sharp sand render again with possibly a little fine aggregate, and waterproofer.

is this the best spec possible or are ther other tips,
E.G unibond scratchcoat? add unibond to mix?? sand cement proportions.
i have the roof under felt and batten and although the access is good i want to make sure i do as good a job as possible.

Tips, knowledge, very welcome!!

Thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back