Rendering House Apex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have been getting great advice on how to paint the Apex of my house in the Decorating forum. But now I have got scaffold up and had a close look the 3 black vertical timbers are rotten at the bottom along with the quadrants at each sides.

I am thinking it might be an easier solution to do as my neighbour has done and have the whole Apex rendered. But I can't ask him what's involved as his was done before he bought the house.

I am going to have to get quotes from builders. Can you tell me what's involved in rendering it so I can make sure they know what they are doing and get one that does it right.

I assume the black vertical boards would have to be removed, and the 4 white/cream boards that are peeling are asbestos sheets. They would come off too or stay up or would they replace the lot with external ply and render over that ?

What mix / type of render should they use, would it need a membrane between the render and the ply etc

And any ideas how much it would cost would be helpful too.

Or would it be easier and cheaper to uPVC board it instead ?

many thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back