Rendering onto wooden lintel and filling gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My first post here.

I have a small patch of render to repair above where some new patio door were installed years ago.

When we had cavity wall insulation put in I had to bridge the gap between the outside of the patio door and the wooden lintle with some plasterboard. But (several years later) damp has started to work up the side of the wall to the bedroom above.

Can anyone advice me what I should use to bridge this gap and cover the wooden lintle with so I can get the sand/cement render to stick? The gap itself is 4" wide. I am also planning to install a drip bead too - good idea?

Also do I use 2 coats of render if I am going to dry dash? what ratio sharp sand/cement??

Sponsored Links
Surprised its lasted as long as it has! plasterboard isnt designed for external use.
you could mesh it out and render or get a decent bit of rosewood trim and screw it up there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back