rendering onto steel lintel soffit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a bit of advice please

Just fitted a roller shutter door to my garage. Its fitted on the inside face of the blockwork. Removed the wooden doors and frame and am left with an untidy reveal. Front of house is rendered so I plan to render to suit. Fairly happy with undertaking this small amount myself and am ok in principle with how I am going to do it on the verticals. However the soffit is two steel beams adjacent to each other.

What is the best way of getting a rendered finish to these. I doubt I can render direct to it? Will I have to fix render board to it somehow and then render onto that. If so how do I best fix it. Or is there another way?

I did wonder whether I could just fit a drip bead above the opening, render into that and maybe just paint the steel directly?

Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
I did wonder whether I could just fit a drip bead above the opening, render into that and maybe just paint the steel directly?

Yes you can.

I'd do as the marshman says, otherwise you will have to fix eml or something to the head.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back