Render K Rend Possible Damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting the rear of the house rendered and the garage door will be at the back, the render will cover all the blockwork.

Question being whats the best way to protect the rendered reveals near the door from having the corners chipped if there knocked by accudent when using the door? Is there an easy solution ...or just be careful..

Sponsored Links
I'm getting the rear of the house rendered and the garage door will be at the back, the render will cover all the blockwork.

Question being whats the best way to protect the rendered reveals near the door from having the corners chipped if there knocked by accudent when using the door? Is there an easy solution ...or just be careful..

probably too late on this one - but as you had no reply...

I would expect your chosen Renderer to be using stainless steel corner beads on the external corners, if you are worried about chipping etc.
They would give some protection. Though they must be stainless and are more expensive. They should not be galvanised steel ones - they are only suitable for internal work. If you have a good pro, they should know.

i take it you mean your rendering the full job walls and reveals?? for soo use PVC render beads sorted are you using a base coat and mesh???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back