1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Render beads - what and where?

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by Malc, 18 May 2016.

  1. Malc


    19 Aug 2004
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

    What is the usual rendering beading?

    I know house corners have corner beads and the lowest point of the render (or dpc) has bellcast. At the window reveals you have stop beads, are these just vertical or do they follow the sill line too? Is there a stop bead at the sill ends and under the sill? What about at the soffits and the verge? Does the render go under the soffit and verge and just taper out or would have a stop bead (and soffit fitted first)?

    Also, I see that renderplas have a standard bead and powerbead which is bigger. When you you use the powerbead, anyone know?

  2. DIYnot Local

    DIYnot Local

    3 Sep 2019
    United Kingdom

    If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

    Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

    Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local


Share This Page