Rendering ontop of painted textured external wall

Thanks for the link DMplastering. I will have a look see if they've got that down the hire shop. What thype of chisel bit is best to use? Just the regular flat spade type? How much sq meterage per hour or day do you think is possible when hacking off?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link DMplastering. I will have a look see if they've got that down the hire shop. What thype of chisel bit is best to use? Just the regular flat spade type? How much sq meterage per hour or day do you think is possible when hacking off?
http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-96091
Always use this one. It all dependa on how fit/strong you are. These arent exactly light. The labourer and i could hack around 200m2 in 3 days including cleaning up

Get a scutch for it as well, you will find it get's it off better but you need to take extra care not to mess the brick, but some don't mind since it will be rendered.

Get a scutch for it as well, you will find it get's it off better but you need to take extra care not to mess the brick, but some don't mind since it will be rendered.
dont know what a scutch is but you will need a generator and extension lead too. You will get them from the toll hire too

Sponsored Links
dont know what a scutch is but you will need a generator and extension lead too. You will get them from the toll hire too

http://www.toolgurus.co.uk/upload/ecomproduct/sds+-scutch-comb-holder-chisel/product-1300372081.jpg

takes render and plaster off a treat!

Sorry for sounding dumb but why would I need a generator? Only ever had to use transformers or worked straight off the mains. Could I not just plug into a transformer?

http://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/module/product/prca_rangedetail.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-96091
Always use this one. It all dependa on how fit/strong you are. These arent exactly light. The labourer and i could hack around 200m2 in 3 days including cleaning up

Might hire out a few and just mob the walls to try get it done in a day. Just moved into the neighbourhood and planning to do an extension, move some internal supporting walls about, re-tile the roof and fit some new veluxs. Want to try keep the noise down to as little as possible (in regards to actaul days of noise not decibels)

Sorry for sounding dumb but why would I need a generator? Only ever had to use transformers or worked straight off the mains. Could I not just plug into a transformer?
sorry, you are correct. A transformer is what you need. How much meterage you looking to take off? I would suggest asking someone to give you a hand for the day or so it takes you. Everytime ive used one we have had to take turns using it as its quite physicly demanding

http://www.toolgurus.co.uk/upload/ecomproduct/sds+-scutch-comb-holder-chisel/product-1300372081.jpg

might give this a go on my next job. I take it its easier for the tougher roughcast because of the teeth?

might give this a go on my next job. I take it its easier for the tougher roughcast because of the teeth?

Always have a scutch in the van, takes off all the hard stuff, infact I never use anything else!

Couldn't you just paint green gypbond over it, then render it? Ive been using it for a couple of years now. Or is there a reason you can use it on tyrolean? Am i missing something here?

I would just grind it it to diamonds with a 9" grinder then "scut" it with a strong 3-1 mix with sbr in it and render over the top....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back