Rendering over Pebble dash or Pebble dash removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm tossing up where to remove the pebble dash from my house or to render over it. Now the front of the house has very small stones in the pebble dash, where as the back of the house has really large stones, and seems alot thicker than the front.

I believe I would be looking at around 2-3k for the removal of pebble dash, just on the front elevation.

Is it possible to render over pebble dash, whether it may contain large stones, or small?
Would the cheapest option be to render over the pebble dash to improve the look of the house?

Is it fairly simple to render a house, your slef, so long as you have scaffolding up, and the right tools?

Does the removal of pebble dash increase the value of a property?

Sponsored Links
it is possible to render over pebble dash as long as its not loose and brushed down, its a job for a pro wether youve got everything in place or not. Adding render can reduce the value of your property and removing it can, unless the bricks are spot on (not usually the case), the reason for rendering in the first place, very hard not to damage when removing and a patched up brick wall can look worse.

Sorry mate I'd echo JB's comments and get a pro in.

I'm a plasterer and I find rendering jobs an absolute nightmare and try to avoid them if I possibly can so I wouldn't advise trying it yourself. :oops:

See my previous thread way down on this forum 'render problems please help'and you can see the problems I encountered and of the ensuing heated debate it caused. :confused:

Sponsored Links
spikeyman said:
I'm tossing up where to remove the pebble dash from my house or to render over it.
No problem if it's rendered over.
I believe I would be looking at around 2-3k for the removal of pebble dash, just on the front elevation.
No need to unless it bad as jbonding post
Is it possible to render over pebble dash, whether it may contain large stones, or small?
Yes
Would the cheapest option be to render over the pebble dash to improve the look of the house?
Providing it done properly by the expert, I have a very good friend who I can recommend in the Essex area and very very reasonable. My mum has her bungalow done and the double garage for £1100 in canterbury red stone last year, mine was done 24 yrs ago and it still look new.
Does the removal of pebble dash increase the value of a property?
Well, they say it doesn't but then who believe these house survey!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back