Rendering over pebbledash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive got about 7 sq meteres of pebbledash on the front of my house which i attepted to knock off recently , the stuff wont budge after chiseling away with a hammer and bolster for 2 hours id got approx 2ft off , can it be rendered over , if so would it need a scratch coat , and then my next question is could i do it myself or would i have to get somone in for this .

cheers mike

Sponsored Links
How confident are you have you ever plastered or rendered before??
is the full wall sound no cracks blown render?
is the job on your driveway or on public foot path?
what do you want over the top plain face render or new pebledash monocouche??

first off you'll need to brush off as much stone as you can with a stiff brush.
id use PVC beads apply beading around reveals and feature beads 10mm or 15mm.
then apply a primer coat like SBR SLURRY or rend-aid (weber)(your choice if you apply mesh at this stage or not)
let it dry then apply anything you over the top sand cement or OCR or monocouche

there is that to it aswell or too save a lot of time and money on skips just render over the top

Sponsored Links
SDS hammer drill chisel.

I was amazed at how quickly the render came off my bedroom walls with an SDS and a tile chisell.

I was amazed at how LONG it took me to put it all in rubble sacks and get rid of the stuff after :D

That was internal though and the rander was literally 100 years old and coming off anyway!

You put a barrow underneath where you're chiselling so about half the crud falls straight into the barrow. The other half still has to be picked up.

Ground floor going into a skip, makes sense...this was upstairs going into rubble sacks, my trusty transit and down the tip...no skips for me:) must have shifted 60 to 80 25kg bags...kept me fit that did!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back