Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have 1930s pebbledash on my semi ..looking very dark...some pebbles coming off...some cracks...badly filled............shall i just paint......shall i re render...like "durakote"

Obviously painiting is cheaper....redendering will be 4,500 pounds!!!

A couple of guys came over and said they would just brush the house down and apply 2 coats of paint.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello

I have 1930s pebbledash on my semi ..looking very dark...some pebbles coming off...some cracks...badly filled............shall i just paint......shall i re render...like "durakote"

Obviously painiting is cheaper....redendering will be 4,500 pounds!!!

A couple of guys came over and said they would just brush the house down and apply 2 coats of paint.

thanks

Hi

I am a full time pebbledasher from blackburn. £4500 sounds a bit pricy but it could be because of the area you live in. I charge around £3000 for an average semi. I would not recommend getting it painted. That's not that cheap either; it looks rubbish and needs re-doing every couple of years.

I suggest you save up and get it done properly.

Nick

Paint it yourself and touch it up when needed every few years.

Sponsored Links
Do day do dat derr. ???? Are people still pebbldashing. Cricky so 1960's.
Over here (En France) we are overcoating problem walls in Lime based Deco pierre (Decorative stone). I could never understand dashing in a country that suffers rain, frost and thawing all in one day? It's gotta come off ain't it. paint it once, and start the ball rolling for regular re-paint again and again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back