Renovation Costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping for some advice from the plumbers/builders amongst you.

I'm looking to set up an AirB&B in the Salisbury area but the property needs some work in order to bring it up to scratch.

It's a 2nd floor property and the bathroom needs completely gutting and refitting - there's water damage to the floor which will need to be replaced as well as all the walls stripped back and refinished. I'm planning on having the whole room tiled and the bath replaced with a luxury shower.

I'm happy to buy all the materials but aren't at all sure on how long it's all going to take to do - and of course what the labour costs will be.

Can anyone give me a steer on this please. I'd really appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
This is very much a how long's a piece of string question. Getting stuff up and down to and from a second floor flat from secure parking is a factor on its own. I would say budget £7/8000 but it could be more or less, depending on the quality of the sanitary ware and unforeseen work. This youtuber has a lot of really helpful videos for the diyer in terms of planning the refurb and understanding how the professional approaches the project.

Blup

Unless you're going to do any of the work yourself, you'll be better deciding what you want in terms of look (so if you have some specific tiles and sanitary ware in mind then name them) and then getting local bathroom fitters (or builders) to quote on the whole job.
Buying the tiles yourself is fine- though if you go for some exotic ones from the far depths of the internet make sure they don't require some daft adhesive that is only available in Australia. And get plenty- 10% spare should be your minimum.
Showers, basins etc can come back to bite you- if you have supplied them and there's bits missing or damaged, you'll be on the hook for time wasted sorting them out, good luck if you think you'll be able to reclaim any consequential costs from the supplier.

Sponsored Links
Back