Repainting a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom that needs repainting after a few cracks have been filled. I was all set to use some Dulux Bathroom paint after getting a sample but although the colour was fine it seems too thick - very hard to apply evenly!

The walls currently have a matt paint in light blue which seems to have lasted fine (no mould) but does it need a primer or undercoat before I paint over it and what type of paint is best to use - matt emulsion, silk, eggshell?

Sponsored Links
You should be fine just paint over old paint as long as its not a sheen, if it has give it a light sand first to break the surface.

Any paint would be fine, but if your planning on getting steamy or worried about getting the walls wet I'd go with a bathroom or silk paint.

It was probably just the tester pot that seemed thick and the brush with it is normally pretty crap. My other half has just painted our bathroom with dulux bathroom paint and it covered even and well with a roller.

Gob's :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back