Repair small scratch with rust in a white enamel bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I hope you can give me some advice on how to repair a 5cm scratch that also has some underlying rust in my white enamelled bath. Unfortunately, I scratched the enamel coating whilst removing old sealant. I have just noticed the scratch and it shows some rust underneath. The enamel looks a bit flaky just around the scratch.

I would like to make good the damage. I don't know whether to scrape away any flaky enamlling to expose the metal underneath or not. Then, I am similarly lost for ideas on how to deal with the rust to protect the bath for the future and then finish off the reapie with a white covering.

All your ideas would be useful for me.

Thanks a lot.

Mutley56 :D

Sponsored Links
Remove rust with acid [car spares kit] and touch enamel from plumbers merchant or ebay.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your tip foxhole. Will deal with the rust first and then use an enamel repair kit as has been suggested.

Mutley56 :D

If it's surface rust try 500 grit wet and dry to remove. This will not damage the enamel.

Thanks Bathfix,

All repaired a while ago with gentle rubbing down and a tube of enamel repair paint. No recurrence since then.

Regards.

Mutley56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back