Repairing rust on enamel bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer any advice on repairing an approx 4 inch long rusted area on the outer rim of my white enamel bath? Replacing is not an option at the moment.

I have aluminium epoxy putty to fill it with (is this suitable?) but not sure what to treat the rust with first. Would Hammerite Kurust or Jenolite Rust Remover do the job? :confused:

Also, any advice on what to touch it up with once the treatment is done would be appreciated?

Many thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Sponsored Links
Thanks roughcaster for your speedy response.

Have had a look at the other post but my problem is a bit more advanced than that and it'll take more than sanding down and touching up. The rust definitely needs treated but I'm interested in the tube of touch up enamel and wondering where I can get my hands on that as haven't seen it anywhere. I've used the little tiny bottle with the brush before without much success.

Sponsored Links
Google "touch up enamel" or "bath touch up enamel" and have a look at the results.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back