Repairing a dent on a Ford Capri rear panel

R

RhysJames2008

Hi there,
Ive got a C reg Ford Capri in Paris Blue.
Recently, Ive had a small contact with a trolley bay in Tescos :cry:
The rear, drivers side panel has got a dent and is badly scratched.
What is the best way to fix this, as replacing the panel is a massive, expensive job because the panel is fixed to the roof etc.

Do I just use body filler, and then prime and paint it?

Many thanks,
Rhys

I will try and upload a photograph tomorrow to show you the actual damage that I need to repair.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll have to remove the trim panel in the back. That should allow you to push the dent out. You'll most likely have to use a bit of filler and elbow grease after that. HTH.

ring your local "dent master" they can work wonders with out affecting the original paint.

take out inside trim but be careful how much you knock out as you dont want to stretch the metal anymore than it already is.then remove paint around the dent and then fill with bodyfiller,rub down till satisfied then prep and prime area with a spray filler,prep qonce again then spray with top colour.good luck!

Sponsored Links
Many thanks all, I'll get the right paint soon and do this job over Easter I think

Thanks =}

I strongly recommend "Dents Away" - will do a better job than you can, probably in the region of £50 - £100 and will come round in a van and do it at your home by appointment.

They press out the dent from the inside using a tool by either removing trim or if necessary drilling a small hole in the unseen part of the member

Back