replace asbestos waste pipe question about toilet conncetion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I am about to replace my damaged asbestos concrete waste pipe in my 1960's ex council house.

I plan to use a fernco connection where it joins the clay pipe underground and replace all pipe on the outside of the house with pvc, connecting into the toilet is where I might have an issue...

coming out of the toilet I have a 90 degree bend going downwards into a fiting that looks like clay (fixed to floor boards) this fitting then must turn 90 degrees and exit through the wall into a t connector on the external soil pipe,

I cannot see enough room to do a fernco type fixing on the outside of the house to this so I assume I need to remove the clay pipe or run a pipe inside the clay fitting has anyone done something similar to this in the past?

I was thinking of doing the following:
1) disconnect exterior soil pipe
2) disconnect toilet
3) break up the internal 90 degree bend and remove in pieces
4) drop 90 bend through hole in toilet floor
5) push new soil pipe through hole where old clay pipe went
6) connect these pipes back to toilet and new t piece

anyone got a better idea please advise!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would be tempted to go straight out the wall with the new soil pipe.
Is there a reason you can't do that? Perhaps something I cant see from the pics?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back