Replace hot water washer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
I know this topic has endless threads but each one is different.
I am needing to change washer on downstairs hot tap. So I went to airing cupboard and turn the gate valve on the feed to the HW cylinder from the cold water tank in the attic. This is a Peglar valve and has a very short turn right to left. But the hot water does not stop flowing. Bizarre as no other pipes feed the cylinder.
18 months ago I had new WB system boiler fitted which is fully pumped and this replaced a CF Ideal standard gravity HW pumped CH. This was done by a competent engineer who left the HW system in place and just connected the boiler to the HW feed and return to the cylinder from the new boiler with diversionary valve/tank thermostat.
The Peglar valve has a very short turn right to left. I presume this is correct and not one you use to screw in tightly.
Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bung the cold water cisterns outlet to the hot water cylinder,it sounds like the isolation valve isn't fully closing.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all. Yes, the valve needed a bit of 'working' back and forward to get it moving al the way closed. It was very tight to start it at all. It does not need to touching for a long time so becomes very stiff. OI was a little wary of using brute force as that could lead to a worse situation.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back