Replace old Roto Offset uPVC Window Shootbolt Espag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble finding an exact replacement for a 15 - 20 years old shootbolt espag. It's labelled as Roto 9486 Gr.3 901 - 1200.

What would fit, if I need something different? I'd like to keep a shootbolt system, for the added security.

The backset is 25mm and the two cams are 7.7mm, but there is plenty of space on the inside face of the opening window to move the handle down for a 22mm backset.

Don't let my lingo fool you - I haven't done this before and really could do with some advice.

I found these:
http://www.windowware.co.uk/product.php?shopprodid=SHOOTBOLTS&itemcat=CASEMENT&tln=WINDOW
which look good, but I don't know if they are just for more modern uPVC windows.

The Roto is offset, but I assume enlarging the routed opening for the gearbox, to fit something inline, shouldn't be too difficult.

I've gone overboard with the pictures.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
I doubt very much you'll get a 25mm backset now, your suggestion of fitting a 22mm is probably your only choice and although as you say you have the room to lower it your existing handle won't cover the old holes, you'll just see the tops of the old holes

As for sizing then measure the width of the sash and get something from these guys, i say this because windoware will only sell you 500 at a time and doubt you want to be selling the other 499 on ebay :LOL:

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/

These guys are dead helpful, tell them your sash width and they'll supply a suitable mechanism i.e. an inline espag and 2 shootbolt extensions

Does it matter if the espag window recess is very shallow and not a "Eurogroove"? I have a vision of the window not closing at all.

Also, what exact sash dimension do I need? I measured the 1131mm with the espag in situ - edge to edge - but is this wrong? Is it the slightly shorter length of the bottom of the recess for the espag? Are they all pretty adjustable anyway?

Sash width is as you say and the mechanisms are to be cut to suit, your old mechanism suits sash widths between 901mm to 1200mm.

Email dg these pictures and an explanation of what you want/need and they'll help you out and post you the parts over night

Sponsored Links
@Crimea - I found this helpful post whilst looking for an almost identical replacement gearbox (espag shootbolt) with similar markings. What did you get to replace this in the end?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back