replace storage water heater with megaflo (discharge pipe Q)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to plumbing, but I'm trying here, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to get my old unvented storage water heater (direct) replaced. I've heard only good things about megaflo.

Given that my discharge pipe is horizontal, and I'm not 100% sure where it goes (I live in an apartment block), is it possible to have some sort of set up to allow me to have a megaflo installed?

I've read that the discharge pipe has to be of a certain length before the tundish, and a certain length after, based on the diameter of the pipe, and the restance etc. (this bit baffled me a bit).

Does anyone have a solution? Here's some pics of my current setup.

Mains supply
discharge pipe with 2 bends
hot water out (at the back), cold water in (at the right)

Also, if it's a lot easier to just get an updated version of the one I already have, could you guys recommend a good company to go with?

Range Tribune do some good ones, but the setup needed would be the same as the megaflo (tundish and all). Does anyone know any that aren't as complicated?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Gledhill torrent

mains pressure hot water store(direct or indirect),no discharge pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back