Megaflo cold water dripping from tundish different opinions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Megaflo CL170 is dripping cold water out of the tundish. I have recharged the air gap as per manufacturer guidelines and it's then perfect for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks its starts to drip cold water again through the tundish and discharges outside.

I realize the safety implications of working on these units so want to get a qualified plumber out.
After speaking to a few plumbers one plumber has advised it's the PRV if it's cold water. Another plumber has advised it's not the PRV it's your cylinder baffles that have failed so will need an expansion tank fitting.

The current system only has a red expansion tank for the central heating.
I am experiencing no issues with pressure of water or anything just the annoying water discharge.

Anyone any experience of these units as don't want to end up paying for the wrong advice?

Sponsored Links
If it stopped dripping for two weeks after re-establishing the bubble, it is unlikely that the PRV is faulty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back