Overflow Pipe Dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new on this forum so apologies if I dont sound technical.

I have a Baxi Potterton Boiler and a Megaflo Cylinder. The Hotwater is regulated by a timer. ABout 5 - 7 mins after the Hotwater switches on I have noticed the overflow Pipe dripping for the period the Hotwater is ON. There is no discharge from the overflow pipe when the Central Heating turns ON.

I have checked if the discharge is from the Megaflo Cylinder by checking the Tundish when the water was discharging from the overflow Pipe but didnt find the tundish wet.

Checked the pressure on the Boiler when the water was discharging and it was steady at 1.5 bar.

Have the expansion vessel repressurized to 1 bar. Havent replaced the PRV yet? Could it be the PRV or something else? The system is about 3 years old and is regularly service.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Probably a loss of air gap in the Megaflo, follow the instructions on the side.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the responses. Airgap restored and the dripping has stopped. Many Thnks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back