Powermax 155x water leaking into overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i have the above boiler and there is currently a continuous drip of water from the tundish into the discharge pipe which appears to be leading to the overflow pipe on the side of my house which is causing damage to the property . I have checked the pressure and it is at around 1 bar, it was previously at 2 bar but I manage to lower this though it is still leaking at the same rate.

can anyone recommend any further action before i call someone out and incur expense.

many thanks,

mike

Sponsored Links
Possibly the PRV,open the valve and let it spring back,may be lucky and clear any crud in the valve,if not change the valve

after some further investigation i have found that the water vessel may be need replacing as the valve sprays water when pressed. does anyone know if this would cause the leak i am experiencing?

i have no expertise with boilers so am picking everything up from the internet as i go so please bare with me!

Check the pressure when hot, does the pressure rise above 3bar?
If so the pressure vessle may well be the fault

Sponsored Links
Yes it does. And falls when switched off. If I order the part online do you have an idea how much it will cost to have someone fit it?

Thanks for the input.

My suggestion is to get an expert in to fix it. They will use their knowledge, expertise and if parts are needed then the correct parts can be replaced. As you have already expressed your picking up info online, if you get it wrong, is your family worth it for the sake of a few quid?

hi there
your problem is def the expansion vessel membrane perished,you will have to change that along with the prv as these very rarely stop leaking on their own get it done asap as it willcause further damage to your unit!
steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back