powrmax 155x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone

need some help please have problem with my boiler powermax 155x when running hot water get hot water for about 10 seconds then cold have had plumber round and has changed blender valve and cleaned out calorifier put everything back and it was still the same only thing i have noticed is pipes on flow and return on heating side very hot and the boiler will keep running then water will start dripping out of tundish.

Sponsored Links
Htg pipes getting warm. Got htg turned on on clock?
Tundish dripping- pressure on pressure gauge showing what reading when htg on- poss ext vessel air gap depleted or diaphragm split. PRV may need cleaning afterward
If store is getting heated then lack of dhw is due to either pump is not moving heated water around plate heat ex, blocked heat ex or faulty mixer which you have looked at. You can work out whats happening here by taking temp readings on pipes into plate heat ex here and feeling pump etc

does pump on right hand side run/have mains voltage to it ?
could be duff pump or flow switch with relay is not registering and sending power to pump.
BUT you say water drips from tun dish,so you have multi faults on this under serviced boiler SO best to call the experts.HEATCALL.
fixed price repairs on a powermax from the experts,who can beat that sounds expensive but in real terms its not,trust me.

stoned but happy.

Heatcall?

Some one has posted today that a Potty ( heatcall ) fixed price repair on a Suprima is £325 !!!

I Have pointed out to him that BG is only about £180 !!!

Good as it is to support your employer, they are often NOT the best value for customers.

Just to make it clear, people who call me get referred to the CHEAPEST repair if I cannot do it at a competitive price!

Tony

Sponsored Links
hot water pump is working fine . water starts dripping out of tundish when the water it is overboiling which then results in boiler shutting down due to no pressure. expansion vessell been checked all ok the pressure always remains at 1.5 bar when hot water is on.

If pressure remains at 1.5bar you have a dodgy prv, which is not causing a lack of hot water.

sounds like vessel needs recharging, and either pump or flow switch failed..

heatcall.....wo are they????

if you mean heateam, they charge about 185 for a boiler under 5 years old....

Yes, I meant Heateam, very confusing all these different names!

What do they charge for a boiler over five years?

I was very surprised to see such a high figure. Or perhaps its designed to get rid of the bad boilers?

As an independent I have to deal with the 24 y.o. Sine 18s etc. which no body else will touch!

Tony

thanks for that but i would like to know what is causing the hot water to come out very hot for about 5 seconds then go cold. pump for hotwater is working took the screw out of the pump and checked with small screwdriver.

Without wishing to be drawn into a BG bashing session, after visiting numerous BG maintained appliances, the fact that their fixed price policy is so cheap appears to be the only benefit to the customer, but should never be mistaken for value for money.

With regard to your problems 66Cedar the answers are all in the above posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back