Powermax 155x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help or ideas would be appriciated... I realise this is a DIY forum but I'm trying to work out whats going on with a powermax 155x (thermal store) on a sealed system. When the hot taps or shower is run the sealed system pressure drops down to 0bar within 5 mins. The mains pressure is good and have tried changing the calorifier already. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have said...I am corgi registered and know what to look out for on the powermax, unfortunately I seem to have come across a lot of them recently, but never seen this before.

then you had best email the admin and tell em your details so you can ask this question in the RGI only forum

:)

Sponsored Links
Never realised you could do that, I'll get my deatails sent, I realise given the issues with this boiler its probably not sensible to give advice on potential problems incase some tries to DIY it. Cheers.

Charge in the expansion was 0.7bar but the pressure on the system drops with the hot tap running and the boiler isolated ( at a slightly slower rate.) The PRV was changed a month ago and the tundish was dry.

Charge in the expansion was 0.7bar but the pressure o the system drops with the hot tap running and the boiler isolated aswell ( at a slightly slower rate.)

that is a wierd one, but am sure that chrisr baxipot agile (as long as it isnt a kingfisher ;)) or poxi will sort it for you in the combustion chamber

:)

what about with the filling loop disconnected and capped?...there's not really too many ways the heating water can pass back to the mains.

Leaking plate heat exchanger, nothing to do with the gas train.

How can a leaking Plated heat exchanger cos loss of pressure in a central heating system

Unless the mains supply is unbelievably piiss poor that aint going to happen

Also are you going to apologies for that terrible slur you laid at me on a previous post onetap?

It was changed in the first post anyway. It's a wierd one but can only really be that the pressure reduction in the pipes when the tap is running is letting the ch water back into the dhw until the pressure equalizes...as far as i can see it from here.

what about with the filling loop disconnected and capped?...there's not really too many ways the heating water can pass back to the mains.

To be honest I never tried it with it removed, I really should have. I just thought as the mains pressure was decent, the pressure would rise unless there is a fault on the non-return valve. I also tried topping the system pressure up, isolating the mains to the plate heat exch then running the taps but after the intial dribble, the flow stopped.

It was changed in the first post anyway. It's a wierd one but can only really be that the pressure reduction in the pipes when the tap is running is letting the ch water back into the dhw until the pressure equalizes...as far as i can see it from here.

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking, it just didn't seem to reach a point where the pressures balanced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back