Powermax 155x replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My 5yr old Powermax 155x needs to be replaced due to the fact that the cylinder is leaking (could this be fixed??)

Anyway, I am now left in the position of probably having to replace the Powermax 155x. The problem is that the boiler is in an internal cupboard of a two bed flat in a new development with a horizontal twin flue to an external wall above the ceiling. I am told that the flue is aluminium and if I replace the old boiler with a condensing boiler, that flue would need replacing.

Does anyone please have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wesley

Sponsored Links
Yes, thats all correct so you know whats involved.

The obvious solution is a new heat only boiler on an external wall and a cylinder where the Powermax is located..

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not at all technical so excuse my ignorance.
Would the heat only boiler be placed directly on to the external wall? Is this the only place it could be fitted? Its just that if it is the case then this would probably not be possible due to the layout of the flat/building.
I'm looking for something that could use the current flue outlet.

Thanks,
Wesley

Potterton now make a replacement for the 155x.......it can use the same style flue terminals (but not the same flue).....It won't be cheap and you won't find too many admirers on here...

And if your 155x tank is leaking then it's caput

Sponsored Links
Hi Powell,

Would you happen to know what model that would be?
Not the Promax HE Store by any chance?

Cheers,
Wesley

if it is the HE he is on about.....its a dog. its not even worth considering.

It is the promax heatstore and nickso it is the replacement for the powermax he.......and it isn't as bad as either the previous 2........

Can't say i am an admirer tho....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back