Powermax 155x

Yes this is the metal flange the sump pushes onto. The boiler is about 6 years old. I bought the property a year ago. I took out a homecare plan with british gas as the boiler had a bad history. It packed up the day before the engineer came over for an intial visit to service the boiler before the plan started. He belived from the state of it that no maintenance had been carried out, hence all the corrosion.

Sponsored Links
This seems a bit suspect to me.

Be diligent and try and find an independant Corgi Engineer who is competent with this type of boiler (I know it's easier said than done) but that way you will be able to tell if BG are trying the old trick of wanting to install a new boiler, when its not necessary. It can't be that corroded, its 6 years old !

I have viewed the metal flange. You can see where it has crumbled away. Perhaps maybe you can still make a good seal.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

I am having a similar problem as Spiddy, did anyone come up with a solution that worked? Thanks very much in advance.

:confused:

Kat

the cylinder is no longer available and hasn't been for a year or two so there's a good chance it's had it. the biggest trouble with this boiler is potterton haven't bothered giving it a decent spares back up. i suspect this is mainly because they know it's a bad design with many flaws and don't want anything to do with it. these boilers do like to corrode in places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back