Boiler overflow leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've a permanent leak from my overflow pipe. i have eliminated the bathroom system, but there is still a leak probably from the boiler, which shares the overflow pipe.

The leak can be a drip or a full flow, without any real pattern. The only clue i can offer would be the leak reduces when i open the hot water a tap flow.

the boiler heats the water only. its a insulated domestic direct cylinder. 3kw power. There are no hot water radiators in the property. The boiler is sited in the kitchen floor and there seems to be a pipe which disapears behind a false wall. Would it normally enter a header tank and if so why and what would cause the overflow to continually leak?

Thanks Andrew

Sponsored Links
Your post is a bit unclear. Do you mean you have a fortic cylinder, a hot water cylinder with the small feed tank on top?

If so it will be the ball valve in this header tank that is not shutting off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back