replace uPVC Windows lock mechanism

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Lock mechanism on one of my uPVC windows has stopped working.
The one I have now has 22mm backset, can I replace it with the different type of the lock mechanism that has 22mm backset size & new lock keeps.

this is what I have:
KSjENge.png

I would like to replace it with something like this
coldseal_tallon_window_lock_replacement_2_mushroom__55150.1497705541.jpg

https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/coldseal-tallon-replacement-window-lock-kit-600mm/

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the gold keeps though are usually specific to the profile of the pvc and rather than being flat bottomed they have cut outs to bridge the shape of the profile, the keeps in your picture however are universal (don't ask how I know), they will fit by just sitting on top of the ridges and not around them, I find even screwed down tightly they have a tendancy to twist when the mushroom engages into the slot

It might work, it might not!

The problem is the upvc profile determines where the lock and keeps are positioned, a new lock might not be the same. Although the centre of the mushroom on the lock should line up with the inner keep slots on any profile, not all profiles will leave enough space for a keep to fit.

A standard mushroom espag and keep may well work.

There is more than 1 height of mushroom available.

Flat bottomed keeps, are often used for timber which has a flat rebate. Upvc manufscturers will select a keep that slides on their profile as it makes alignment automatic. As Crank says, the universal keep may work, but mighg not sit flat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back