Replaced room stat with programmable stat - HW always on ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - long story so please bear with me.

I believe my system is a gravity fed HW/pumped CH system.

A couple of years ago I replaced my old mechanical programmer with a Drayton Tempus 1 - The old programmer had a HW/CH and HW only switch but this never seemed to work in summer, etc so decided that I only needed a single channel programmer, hence the Tempus 1.

This has been working fine, controlling both CH & HW on/off times in tandem but it is in an very difficult to access cupboard so I decided to replace the room stat (Honeywell T6060) with a Drayton Digistat+2 programmable stat which would be more accessible and keep the programmer ON at all times.

The problem I have now is that the HW is permanently on even when the room stat has turned the boiler/CH off.

I know that this is the way it has been wired but just wondering if there is anyway to change the setup so that the programmer controls the timing for the HW only, and the room stat controls the CH only ? I.e. give the room stat a live feed bypassing the programmer ? Is this feasible ?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Scott

Sponsored Links
You would be better swapping the tempus 1 for a 2 channel programmer and moving the stat wire from 3-4.
But.
You can do a work around as a digistat does not need a neutral. This "spare" wire can be used to connect from the on terminal of the digistat to the 3 and boiler live connection. Then move the wire going to C on the digistat from 3 to L on the clock.
You may have it wired through a junction box but as long as the wires connect through to where i have said it will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back