Replacement 4 Camera Home CCTV System

C

cabot

:( Right i have had enough of trying to figure out getting my four 10 year old cameras to work.i had problems with the switcher and tried replacing it with a similar model but unfortunately this has not solved the problem.(cameras direct in to tv individually work fine)I am only getting blurred images so have no idea if there is a problem with the voltage or if the cameras are not compatable with the switcher.Only thing to do is replace the 4 cameras with models i know will work or change the entire system for a DVR set up.The new system would have 4 CCD cameras with night vision of up to 15 m (audio would be a bonus),DVR with DVD rewriting capability and all at reasonable cost.Can anyone recommend any such system, that won't cost the earth and is reasonably simple to install ? Cable lenths up to 20m required on 3 and 25m on the 4th camera.Whats the best quality cable to use? and all cameras are exterior fitted at bungalow soffit level.

Sponsored Links
Hi cabot, have a look at the 4 way DVR kits at www.cctvdirect.co.uk They have some good deals on at the moment and use shotgun cable ready made leads in lenghts of 20 meters for the kits, if you want longer just but a extra 20 meter cable and a inline connector.

Yes i've had a look on the site and especially at the following DVR--
Mercury - 4 Ch DVR With Internet Viewing-----.The only thing that concerns me is i have 4 12 volt cameras with BNC connections i'm thinking of ordering from a different company.Excuse my ignorance as i don't work in the industry but the fact sheet for this DVR says it runs at 19V DC.
Are the cameras going to be compatable as i don't want to make an expensive mistake?
rear garden measures 76 feet deep x 46 wide and is to be covered by 2 cameras with day/night facility
front garden is approx 15 feet deep x 46 wide
both front and rear gardens have the additional benefit of (one each) low wattage dusk till dawn light.front garden also has the addition of street light but lots of neighbours trees /bushes cause a lot of dark areas.

You will be fine with the 12 volt cameras on the Mercury kit. The cameras in the kit are also 12 volt so you will have no problems.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I buy many of mu components from www.CCTVdirect.co.uk they offer good value kits, DVRs and cameras and to date they have never let me down. Rumer has it these guys supply many wholesalers around the UK. I recenly installed a KillerCam - unbeatable in low light said the statement - oh yeah it was right, it rocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back