Replacement Mira Excel cartridge leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our Mira Excel shower was dripping so I replaced the cartridge. Although it now turns off properly there is a persistent leak which appears to come from the back of the cartridge but only when the shower is turned on. This suggests that the leak is coming from the outflow channels at the back of the cartridge where it mates with the brass body of the valve assembly into which the cartridge slides. There are 2 ‘O’ rings (actually oblong rings) which fit round the outflow channels on the cartridge. These appear to be correctly sited over the outflow channel (only 1 of which is actually used depending on the orientation of the cartridge in the brass body). I have liberally greased the ‘0’ ring seatings and the brass body is clean.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Has anyone any suggestions?

Bob

Sponsored Links
Yes, one of those caused no end of mystery and excavation as it was concealed and the leak caused months of dampness. Replaced whole valve in the end. Sorry to say this, but I don't like Mira or Aqualisa shower valves for reasons you have experienced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back