Mira Excel B 2003 onwards cartridge spindle broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my infinite wisdom I whilst removing tiles from the shower I broke the black nylon spindle on the Mira excel shower unit which adjusts the temperature.

Mira have informed me that only the cartridge is a replacement part and not the spindle at a cost of £150 which is a little pricey for a piece of moulded nylon.

I can get a cartridge from shower spares for £100.

I have tried gluing it with Z-Poxy 30 minute epoxy resin but it failed as I was assembling it.

Does anyone have a spare U/S cartridge which I could strip to extract the spindle.

And any other suggestions are welcome.

Sponsored Links
It is the part to which the part number 5 (hub pack ) is screwed and it is housed within the cartridge.
The part I need is not identified on its own though.

The cartridge assembly (part 4) which houses the black spindle is supposedly a sealed item but I took it apart quite easily to remove the spindle and then tried to glue the two parts back together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back