Replacement pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed earlier that my CH hadn;t turned on so had a nosy at the timer.

It's a Randall 102 and appeared to have stopped. Next to the timer is a fused switch.
Wire comes out of the switch into the timer and then wires come out of the timer to the boiler and to a device labelled "Commodore 130-45" which I presume is the pump for the system.

My first thought was that the fuse had blown. I changed the fuse, switched the switch back on and the boiler then started up as per usual.

However the Commodore jobbie made a grating noise for about a second, followed by a green spark and a cloud of smoke.

I turned the switch back off and turned the boiler off and everything. Looking at the commodore, the back is rusted to b*ggary and it appears to have a leak dripping from the base of it (very slow, about 2 drips an hour - girlfriend came in useful: "sit there and count the drips while i change my underwear and have a medicinal drink!!).

So am I right in assuming that
a> the Commodore is the pump?
b> It is broken?
c> any pump from my local plumbers merchants can replace it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Commodore :eek: That`s out the ark :LOL: I just about remember them .. 130mm sounds like the distance between the flanges, should be a direct replacement....Some old un`s were longer..Good luck getting it out. SMC Range Commo. Commander+ Cadet ;) Wonderful thing, Nostalgia.

I just been and measured and it does appear to be 130mm so i shall be off to the plumbers merchants in the morning.

Looks like the back of the pump has totally rusted through, it was flaking off in my hand as i measured it.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back