Replacement runners for MFI kitchen drawers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old MFI kitchen, still ok but the runner on the drawer has gone and MFI no longer keep the part. I'm looking for a replacement, any suggestions?

The runner is a side fitting 27mm high, 10mm depth (draw recess to side wall in other words). Extension is 340mm and these runners are 280 when closed but I have 450mm on the drawer and the cabinet has 550 so length is not a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for tip. Meanwhile I had found a post in screwfix's forums that also suggested woodfit. I ordered some and can confirm the BR325 is a replacement.

The cabinet screw holes are different. The back one lines up so all I did was draw a line through the 3 existing cabinet holes. Fit the slide with just the back screw. Mark through the front slide holes onto my screw hole line. Pilot drill, then screw. Job done. The drawer screw hole is also in a slightly different place but the slide position has plenty of movement scope so that is not a problem. Thread is same. The drawer now comes out a bit further, about 1in, but not >100% so it still looks ok. You only notice if you pull 2 drawers out together so no big deal.

Are the draw runner sit on the bottom of the draw or in the middle of the groove?

Sponsored Links
Okay too late! I got quite a few bottom draw runners in my workshop, just fit them on the bottom edge of the draw, anyway don't forget to do a regular spray of WD40 on the runners.

I looked at changing to bottom runners (and side runners, from B&Q). Problem is that most runners these days need 12.5mm between drawer and cabinet side. That's 5mm more than a pair of these. You have the same problem side or bottom, either shrink the drawer or shave some off, weaking the drawer. The ones from woodfit are the better option :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back