Replacing 2 gang dimmer with normal 2 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to replace a 2 gang dimmer with a 2 gang normal switch as a bulb blew our fuse wire in the CU (i aso want to mak euse of energy saver bulbs).

The wiring seem to be a bit odd, i have 1 red (live) cable going into common of the first dimmer housing and the other 2 cables going into L1 and L1 respectively of the each of the 2 dimmer housing. However where the live cable goes into common, i also have a bit of the red cable coming out of the common from the first dimmer and into the second common hole of the second dimmer housing??

Should there be 2 live supply cables rather than one??

Sponsored Links
No that is a fairly typical way of doing it, just connect the switch in the same way

No that is a fairly typical way of doing it, just connect the switch in the same way

Thnaks for that, all completed now and works fine, now for my next job, replacing my WYLEX CU with MCB's so the fuse does not blow next time ( will only trip).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back