Replacing 80's heating timer (dial) with wireless

hmm suspect you are right there :(

the pipes go into the roof space, and into the ground... so not sure where they go from there..

I have had thermostatic valves fitted to all of the radiators, so at least I can stop the heating in the summer cooking the rooms, but I would still have the same issue that if I set on-temp to 20 degs, but room temp was 20 deg, then no hot water :(

that said, I would normally have hot water coming on at 5am to 6am, and any chance of temp being over 20 deg in N.ireland at any time of the day, let alone 5am, is minimal if not u n heard of... so might be OK...

Sponsored Links
cheers Stem, did not see your reply there before I replied... I might have to invest in one of those at some point but after the renovation I am fast running out of funds LOL

I guess the plumber would know at which point in the system, this would most likely need to go... as I have no clue...

The mid-position valve goes in the flow pipe from the boiler after the pump, at the point where it splits to supply the hot water cylinder and the radiators. Which is often at the side of the hot water cylinder.

looks like 20 min job for the plumber then... drain system, split pipe, install... then get sparky to wire it in...

Sponsored Links
Depends how long it takes to drain and refill the system, but it's not a big job. The biggest part is running the wiring.

Ok that wiring will be a challenge. Definitely will hold off. .. but thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back