Replacing a room thermastat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help with this one please!

I'm replacing an old Honeywell room dial thermastat with a Siemens RDD10. The Honeywell uses 3 wires (Red,Blue,Yellow) with the Red going into the terminal marked 1, Blue into 2 and Yellow into 3.

Now the new thermastat has a wiring diagram but I'm no electrician so can't make head nor tale of it. I had a plumber install one of these at my old house and he told me that it only needs 2 out of the 3 wires and the odd one gets taped up. If you get them in the wrong order it blows your heating timer.

I just need to know which wires go where on the new stat and which one is not used! The new stat has 3 terminals marked 1-3.

I can take some pics of the wiring diagram and stat if it helps, I'll have to email to an admin as I don't have a site.

Any help much appreciated.

thanks

pictures! please see this

Sponsored Links
Honeywell t6360

1 - Red (Permanent Live)
2 - Blue (Neutral)
3 - Yellow (Switched Live)

RDD10.1

Q11 - Red (Permanent Live)
Q12 - Yellow (Switched Live)
Blue (Neutral) must be terminated off safely as not used

This is assuming the Honeywell was wired correctly. I would start by checking the wire's measuring between red and yellow - there should be no volts.
If this works but the operation is reversed then swap yellow to Q14

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back