Replacing a thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with one radiator not working, the rest seem fine. When I bleed the non-functioning rad. water comes out in a steady stream (i.e. there doesn't appear to be any air/airlocks in the system). Is the problem likely to be the individual thermostat connected to the rad(a danfoss). If so, how do I set about checking and replacing it????(n.b. only limited plumbing knowledge)

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Remove trv head - may be screwed on or a circlip or a small screw. Push the central pin - should spring up and down. Keep moving it , then tap it with a hammer, then whack the side of the valve with a hammer, in that order, until water flows.

Why not a sledge hammer? You'd be in luvly hot water ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks ChrisR, after faffing around for about 3 days, just read your advice on checking TRV and it worked a treat. Much appreciated. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back