Replacing a velux blind???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Here's my problem. I have broken the blind on my Velux window (Code: GGL-1).

I have ordered a new Roller blind from a Velux dealer. However, the roller blind currently in place is the old style, with steps placed along the side of the window to stop the blind.

This version has been phased out by Velux, and they have a new sliding Roller blind system, which I have had to order.

The problem I have is that, looking at the fittings currently on the Velux window, it looks as if the plastic steps have been fitted with small, smooth head nails, rather than screws. I think I may need to remove these steps in order to fit the new guides for the sliding Roller blind, but can't see how I am going to get them out.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not, although I can say that the steps look like little grey plastic hooks or claws, with two smooth head nails through the side

I think I know what you mean, there're wooden side runner? if so, a sharp chisel under the batten and lever it gently to take it off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much mate, will give that a try. Seems like a stupid way to fit something to a window if you ask me though! Just makes things more difficult to replace! :D

Thanks very much mate, will give that a try. Seems like a stupid way to fit something to a window if you ask me though! Just makes things more difficult to replace! :D

You can also try other window blinds like vertical window blinds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back