Velux Electric Blind will not reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We've recently had a loft conversion completed which included 4 electric (not solar) Velux Integra windows. 2 windows are in one of the bedrooms, the other over the stairs/landing, and the remaining one in the other bedroom.

Yesterday I fitted the integra electric roller blinds on the 3 bedroom windows. I haven't installed the blind over the landing as I haven't worked out a way of doing it safely as the window is awkward to get to.

The 3 blinds I installed were all working correctly. However, in the bedroom with 2 windows, my electrician showed me how you can set a single remote to operate both windows at the same time. I followed the Velux instructions to do the same with the blinds. However, the procedure went wrong, and now one of the blinds is not paired to any of the remotes.

I followed the Velux instructions to reset the blind as demonstrated here:
Velux YouTube Link

However, moving the switch to the reset position doesn't do anything at all. It actually feels like the switch isn't attached to anything as it feels very loose in the fitting. There's no resistance when you move it side to side and it doesn't feel like it ever slots into a position. I checked the other blinds I fitted, and the unfitted blind and the switch mechanism feels exactly the same.

I thought I'd ask on here before calling Velux on Monday. Any help, thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi - did you manage to resolve this problem with pairing? I have the exact same problem in that I have blinds which no longer respond to the remote after a failed pairing. The reset slider on the blinds only seems to be relevant for the Solar version and, like yours, is just a dummy switch on the hard wired version.

Hi - did you manage to resolve this problem with pairing? I have the exact same problem in that I have blinds which no longer respond to the remote after a failed pairing. The reset slider on the blinds only seems to be relevant for the Solar version and, like yours, is just a dummy switch on the hard wired version.

Hi, Yes I did. Velux helped resolve the issue very quickly. They confirmed the slider switch is a dummy on the hard wired version, and that to reset the pairing on the blind you need to reset the window motor.

Here's what they said:
By resetting the window, it will reset the window and the connected blind together. This means that you will need to press the pairing button (interlinked squares) on the bottom of the white controller for both products, as per the video guide.

They provided a new link to show the process and it was easy to follow:
Velux Hard Wired Window Reset Video

They also sent me the instructions for pairing multiple blinds to a single remote:
Velux Integra - Grouping of products video

Hopefully the above will help resolve your issues!

Sponsored Links
Ah fantastic - thanks for the help - I'll give it a stab this afternoon and report back....

***Update*** - Works like a charm. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back