replacing an electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if this is the correct forum for this one, but here goes....have a Mira Sport 8.5kw electric shower that has packed in after 15 or so years.
Bought a replacement Mira Sprint 8.5kw. Problem is (think it's the same with a new Mira Sport too), the hole in the tile/wall where the inlet pipe pops through is about 3 or 4 inches above the hole for the power cable. The new shower has it reversed, i.e. expecting the water supply below the electricity supply. Is this standard now or can you still get showers where the water supply is above the leccie? Haven't got any spare tiles that I could pfaff about with the two.
Help!

Sponsored Links
can you still get showers where the water supply is above the leccie?

I would think it is more safer for the water to be below the electrics and so must be a standard now. :D

Come across this problem before.
Mira use to make showers exclusively for :( B&Q :evil:

The water connection was on different side to what was sold by profesional trade building supplies. (can't remember model name)

Unfortunately Mira seem to have standardized their showers which makes it awkward to match existing plumbing, electrical and tiles with their or any other modern shower unit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. S'pose it does make sense from a safety viewpoint to have the water below the power supply. Just wish they'd done it from day one. Had a look at Triton shower install guide pdf on the web, and it looks similar, i.e. water below electricity....but on the right hand side (both Mira inlets on left) which kinda confirms you're posting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back